Thursday, April 21, 2016

Internet Warrior on: Public Speaking Competition

Good evening, people, this is the Internet Warrior again for another post that you most likely wouldn't give a sheet of paper bull about.

It was April 20, 2016 in the APC Auditorium. Early in the Wednesday morning, a public speaking competition was held. I enjoy watching public speaking competitions because I see and hear speakings bringing out their clear voices onto the public of what he/she has to say, but I don't want to be a participant. Probably because my tendency to stutter way too many times is inevitable or I wasn't qualified yet to be the best speaker in the school, let alone the classroom. This is the one thing that I have a difficult time doing.

Every time I have a decently good presentation that requires me to speak in English and even have a tendency to speak in an American-like accent, I need to be awake the next day in order to speak in English fluently but I will change the topic now since this is not the purpose of this post. Public speaking competitions are always around in APC since it's part of our curriculum. And so another public speaking competition is happening this term. The competition was held yesterday and I was not present in school because I was processing my internship application that time. The primary theme for the speech in this competition, as well as the pivotal theme for the All-English Term:

“Integrity has no need of rules.”
- Albert Camus


Since the election day is fast approaching, I'll just relate the topic to it. I believe that the leaders of this nation must have integrity. It is easy to make promises for the nation. Telling the people what you can do is just a piece of cake. But is there integrity in the words of those candidates? Is there honesty in them? Sure, they can say those things because it's campaign period and they need the votes of the people but can we really use those "platforms" as the basis for voting a president of this nation? Don't look at their performance, but look at their character. Integrity has no need of rules, its just a result of a person's character. It is a gift. And a leader of integrity will surely led his followers to the fullest. It is integrity that brings society as a moral whole. A pivotal element that is much more powerful than the rules of people. An essential trait that a leader must possess, and clearly it doesn't need any rules.


This is my post for the Public Speaking Competition and I am not endorsing any presidential candidates. I'm just expressing my opinion about the topic for the Public Speaking Competition which is “Integrity has no need of rules.”

By the way, the winners of the Public Speaking Competition are shown below. I don't have the names, but at least I have the pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment