Thursday, April 21, 2016

APC College Week 2016 - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? English Edition

This is Internet Warrior speaking with vigor and honesty once again!

It was the College Week of Asia Pacific College and this year, it was meant to be special, because the school recently celebrated its 25th anniversary of its glorious foundation. There are hundreds of exciting or mundane events that hundreds of students and faculty members are looking forward to it. One of these events is the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? English Edition.

Based on the popular longtime running game show, this contest, as part of the All-English Term of SoMA and SoE, showcased the knowledge of various students representing each section in the the said schools based on intelligence and speed.

Source: RAM Page

Originally, I was selected to join the ccompetition, but I said no, fearing that if I join, I might get the tendency to not know several questions and possibly screw up the reputation of my friends and classmates. So, instead, Jed Siroy, Alexis Pascua and Hugh Sebastian Nicdao were chosen to join and represent our section ABMA152. I believe that Siroy has the brains, Lexi has the wits and Hugh has the guts. So, I just sit down on the audience seat on and observe as all of this were happening.


It was a tough and rigorous battle ahead for my friends, with the whole competition cocomposed of five rounds: the Elimination Round, the Average Round, the Difficult Round, the Showdown Round the Tiebreaker Round. The questions are all English-related, but many of them are tricky. I always guess which of those choices are correct. Sometimes, I'm right, but sometimes, I'm wrong. There were lots of other times where I know the answer to question. But of course, "no coaching".

Eventually, the Tiebraker Round came and only two sections remained: ABMA134 and ABMA152, having the same points and fighting a decisive death match. But unfortunately for me, my team of freshmen classmates were no match for those school junior titans. Therefore, they lost and the opposing team prevailed. It wasn't a loss though. In fact, I think it was a sweet victory. We, as a section represented by a group of three, managed to go this far to become the Second Placers or the Runner-Ups of the challenging contest of brains and language.

The Runner-Ups: ABMA152

It was a breath of fresh air to embrace such sweet, unfiltered victory after a series of constant losses of ABMA152 though. In fact, it was so great that I actually got into the picture with the winners. Yeah, I call my friends "winners" because they made it this far to win the silver award and gain some prize money. Anyway, they will always be winners to me, no matter the result.

So, for today, my question to you:

What makes you a winner?

Leave your interesting and creative responses in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment